- BIRTH: 13 Aug 1878; Ogden, Boone Co., Iowa, USA
Mother: Emma Luci SYLVESTER
Family 1: William David MILLER
- MARRIAGE: unk.
____________________ _________________________| | |____________________ _Orson CLARK _________| | | ____________________ | |_________________________| | |____________________ | |--Anabel CLARK | | _Charles SYLVESTER _ | _Caleb Barker SYLVESTER _| | | |_Lucy BARKER _______ |_Emma Luci SYLVESTER _| | _Micah WHITNEY _____ |_Joanna WHITNEY _________| |_Hannah COBB _______
NotesUpdated October 8, 2011. Compiled by Howder (www.howderfamily.com) from the following source(s):
(1) LDS FamilySearch 1880 United States Census database for Ogden, Boone Co., IA. Family History Library Film 1254328, NA Film Number T9-0328, Page 68B.
Anabel (listed as "Anna Bell") CLARK is the 9-month-old infant daughter of Orson and Emma CLARK. Her birthplace is Iowa.
(2) 1900 United States Census for Iowa, Boone Co., Yell Twp., Ogden: Supervisor's District 10; Enumeration District 21; Sheet 5B; June 7, 1900.
Anabel (listed as "Anna Belle") CLARK is the daughter of Orson and Emma CLARK. She is 20 years old and born August 1879 in Iowa.
(3) Ogden Reporter, The (Ogden, Iowa), via Ancestry.com
- March 1907 as reported March 11, 1937: "Thirty Years Ago," - "Mrs. Orson CLARK and granddaughter left Tuesday for Oklahoma for a visit with her daughter, Mrs. W. B. MILLER [i.e., Anabel CLARK MILLER]."
- September 1908 as reported September 1, 1938: "Thirty Years Ago," - "Mrs. W. D. MILLER of Bradley, Okla, arrived at her father's home, Dr. Orson CLARK last Thursday."
(4) A Biographical record of Boone County, Iowa (1902) via Ancestry.com, page 372-374; "DRS. CLARK & CLARK"
The Doctor was married in Wisconsin on the 1st of September, 1868, to miss Emma SYLVESTER, a native of Maine, and a daughter of Caleb SYLVESTER, who on removing westward located in the Badger state, where he spent his remaining days. Unto the Doctor and his wife have been born six children… Anna Belle, born August 13, 1878, is at home.
(5) Family History, Volume S(4), Sylvester, Daughters of the American Revolution library, Washington, DC., p. 5.
(6) Her DAR Membership number 100012 (issued 1913).
- Resident of Ogden, Iowa.
Mayflower lineage: Howland/Tilley -1; Hope Howland -2; Hope Chipman -3; Samuel Cobb -4; Chipman Cobb -5; Andrew Cobb -6 (DAR/SAR ancestor); Hannah Cobb -7; Joanna Whitney -8; Emma Sylvester -9; Anabel Clark -10.