- BIRTH: 3 April 1768, Kennebeck Co., Maine, USA
- DEATH: 20 March 1847, Newmarket, Rockingham Co., New Hampshire, USA
Mother: Mary Springer LOW
Family 1: Lucy BARKER
- MARRIAGE: Abt. 1791
- Caleb Barker SYLVESTER
- Charles SYLVESTER
- William SYLVESTER
- Eliza SYLVESTER
- Isaac SYLVESTER
- Abigail SYLVESTER
- George SYLVESTER
- Mary SYLVESTER
- Franklin SYLVESTER
- John Barker SYLVESTER
- Chester SYLVESTER
- Phoebe SYLVESTER
_Amos SILVESTER _____ _William SILVESTER _| | |_Elizabeth HENCHMAN _ _William SYLVESTER _| | | _____________________ | |_Mary BARSTOW ______| | |_____________________ | |--Charles SYLVESTER | | _____________________ | ____________________| | | |_____________________ |_Mary Springer LOW _| | _____________________ |____________________| |_____________________
NotesUpdated November 25, 2012. Compiled by Howder (www.howderfamily.com) from the following source(s):
(1) Maine, Find A Grave Index, 1778-2011 via Ancestry.com
- Name: Charles SYLVESTER - Birth Date: 3 Apr 1768 - Age at Death: 78 - Death Date: 20 Mar 1847 - Burial Place: Western Cemetery, Portland, Cumberland County, Maine, USA
(2) Sampson, Gertrude Sylvester, 1842-1925, "A biographical history of the ancestry of Julian Carroll Sampson [manuscript] : embracing that of his wife Bertha Sylvester Sampson, including all data obtainable by those who are connected in these two direct lines of William and Obediah Sylvester and Abraham Samson." The New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) Library, Boston, MA.
- "New Market [ed. Newmarket], Rockingham Co., New Hampshire, where grandfather SYLVESTER died" (page 64).
(3) Family History, Volume S(4), Sylvester, Daughters of the American Revolution library, Washington, DC., p. 2.
(4) Commemorative Biographical Record of the Counties of Rock, Green, Grant, Iowa and Lafayette Wisconsin. Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1901. Pages 432-433.
"for many years was a ship blacksmith at Bath, Maine, and died at Mt. Vernon, in the same State, March 20, 1847."
(5) Listed in Daughters of the American Revolution membership records 481880 (issued 1961) and 569548 (issued 1972).