Charles B. CLARK (Dr.)
- BIRTH: 09 July 1871; Ogden, Boone Co., Iowa, USA
Mother: Emma Luci SYLVESTER
Family 1: Mary Jane McFARLAND
- MARRIAGE: 01 September 1897, Gilbert, Story Co., Iowa, USA
____________________ _________________________| | |____________________ _Orson CLARK _________| | | ____________________ | |_________________________| | |____________________ | |--Charles B. CLARK | | _Charles SYLVESTER _ | _Caleb Barker SYLVESTER _| | | |_Lucy BARKER _______ |_Emma Luci SYLVESTER _| | _Micah WHITNEY _____ |_Joanna WHITNEY _________| |_Hannah COBB _______
NotesUpdated October 8, 2011. Compiled by Howder (www.howderfamily.com) from the following source(s):
(1) LDS FamilySearch 1880 United States Census database for Ogden, Boone Co., IA. Family History Library Film 1254328, NA Film Number T9-0328, Page 68B.
Charles B. CLARK is the 8-year-old son of Orson and Emma CLARK. His birthplace is Iowa.
(2) 1900 United States Census for Iowa, Boone Co., Yell Twp., Ogden: Supervisor's District 10; Enumeration District 21; Sheet 6; June 7, 1900.
Charles B. CLARK is head of household, married to Mary J. [McFARLAND] CLARK. Their infant son Cedric is also part of the household.
- Birth date: July 1871; age 28.
- Number of Years of Present Marriage: 3 years.
- Birthplace: Iowa, with his father from New York and his mother from Maine.
- Occupation: Physician.
- Home: Rents his home; it is not a farm.
(3) 1920 United States Census Iowa, Boone Co., Yell Twp., Ogden Town: Supervisors District 10, Enumeration District 29; Sheet 1A; January 7, 1920.
Charles B. CLARK is head of household, married to Mary Jane [McFARLAND] CLARK. There is a son in the household, James.
- Home ownership: Owner.
- Age: 48, married.
- Birthplace: Iowa, with his father born in New York and his mother born in Maine.
- Occupation: Physician working on own accord.
- His brother Orson and family live a few households away.
(4) A Biographical record of Boone County, Iowa (1902) via Ancestry.com, page 372-374; "DRS. CLARK & CLARK"
"This firm name is one well known in Ogden and throughout Boone County. The members are father and two sons, who have become widely and favorably known in connection with the practice of medicine and the sale of remedial agencies...
The Doctor was married in Wisconsin on the 1st of September, 1868, to miss Emma SYLVESTER, a native of Maine, and a daughter of Caleb SYLVESTER, who on removing westward located in the Badger state, where he spent his remaining days. Unto the Doctor and his wife have been born six children…Charles, a practicing physician, was born here July 9, 1871, and is a graduate of the University of Iowa of the class of 1893. In 1897 he was married to Mamie McFARLAND at Gilbert Station, Iowa, and they have one child living, James A.; Cedric died at age of fourteen months, February 28, 1901..."
(5) Family History, Volume S(4), Sylvester, Daughters of the American Revolution library, Washington, DC., p. 5.
Mayflower lineage: Howland/Tilley -1; Hope Howland -2; Hope Chipman -3; Samuel Cobb -4; Chipman Cobb -5; Andrew Cobb -6 (DAR/SAR ancestor); Hannah Cobb -7; Joanna Whitney -8; Emma Sylvester -9; Charles Clark -10.