(1) 1910 United States Census for Texas, Panola Co., Carthage (part of),
Precinct 1: Supervisor's District 2; Enumeration District 121; Sheet 3A;
April 15, 1910.
Philip Wall is the son of J. E. and Mary Tom Wall. He is 10 years old
and born in Texas.
(2) 1920 United States Census for Texas, Panola Co., Justice Precinct 1,
Carthage Town: Supervisor's District 2; Enumeration District 155; Sheet
5A-5B; January 9 & 10, 1920.
Philip Wall resides with her mother Mary Tom Wall and sister [Mary]
Willard Wall. He is 18 years old, born in Texas and is attending school.
(3) 1930 United States Census for Texas, Harris Co., Houston City (part
of Justice Precinct 1): Block 1517; Enumeration District 101-68; Sheet
17B; April 12, 1930.
Philip E. Wall is head of household, married to Clara (Ifland) Wall.
- Address: 4018 Polk (appears to be a multi-family dwelling such as an
- Home ownership: no; monthly rent $50.
- Radio ownership: yes.
- Age: 29 years old at time of census; 27 when first married.
- Birthplace: Texas, with his father from Missouri and his mother from
- Occupation: Operator, Drug Store (code 8571).
(4) LaGrone, Leila B., editor, "A History of Panola County, Texas
1819-1978" (Panola County Historical Commission: Carthage, TX, 1979),
page 223 (entry 133) and page 287 (entry 281).
- Was listed as residing in Houston, TX at the time of publication (1979).
- A pharmacist who owned drug stores around Houston, TX with his brother
(5) Source: McGaughy family document written after August 1969, probably
by Helon McGaughy Madison.