<-- if you enjoyed this page, please consider clicking the +1 button. Thanks!
THIS FILE IS FOR GENEALOGICAL PURPOSES ONLY
- BIRTH: 25 NOV 1784, City of Baltimore, MD
- DEATH: 24 JUL 1865, Mercer, Mercer Co., MO
- BURIAL: , S. Lineville Cemetery, Mercer Co., MO
- MARRIAGE: 15 JAN 1807, Washington Co., VA
| | __
| | |__
Updated February 14, 2005. Compiled by Howder
(www.howderfamily.com) from the following source(s):
(1) Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850 via Ancestry.com
- Groom Name: Willison Cox
- Bride Name: Susan Laughlin
- Date: 15 January 1807
- County: Washington
(2) 1850 United States Census for Missouri, Mercer Co.: Page 8;
September 30, 1850.
Willison Cox is head of household, married to Susannah [Laughlin] Cox.
He is 65 years, born in Maryland and is a carpenter. Burton Cox, 25
years old and a farmer born in Tennessee is also a resident.
(3) 1860 United States Census for Missouri, Mercer Co., Summersett Twp.
(Summersett Post Office): Page 102; June 20, 1860.
Willison Cox is head of household, married to S. M. C. Cox. He is 77
years old, born in Maryland and is a farmer. Other residents include J.
W. B., M. J., and J. M. Cox.
(4) Mostert family records, August 4, 2000.
"Birth: Family records
1850 U.S. Census, Missouri, Mercer County says he was born in Baltimore,
In 1810 Census he is in Washington Co., VA, age group 26-45 years and is
listed as the head of a family with one child.
The 1820 and 1830 census for Rutherford Co., TN show him as the head of a
family with the appropriate number of children in each age group.
The 1850 Census shows him living in Mercer Co., MO.
Marriage: [LDS?] Microfilm #908181, Married by Stephen Bovel, a
His name is shown on some censuses as William Cox."
Genealogy researched and/or compiled by Howder.
Copyright © 1996-2011. All Rights Reserved in accordance with Appropriate Use Statement.
File updated January 16, 2011.