(1) 1920 United States Census for Wisconsin, Dodge Co., Watertown Town:
Supervisor's District 2; Enumeration District 62; Sheet 1A; January 1,
John Wurtzler, his wife Viola [Willenbockel] Wurtzler, and daughter Doris
Wurtzler, all reside with Viola's parents, Henry and Ida Willenbockel.
John is 28 years old, born in Wisconsin, and is an electrician for an
(2) 1930 United States Census for Wisconsin, Jefferson Co., Watertown
City; Third Ward: Supervisor's District 9; Enumeration District 28-35;
Sheet 6N; [unspecified date] 1930.
John P. Wurtzler is head of household, married to Viola P. [Willenbockel]
Wurtzler. Children in the household are Doris E., Clarence E., Louis A.,
Lester J. and Alice E. Wurtzler.
- Address: 214 Monroe Street.
- Home ownership: no; renting at $20 per month.
- Radio ownership: yes.
- Age: 39 years old at time of census; 28 when first married.
- Birthplace: Wisconsin, as were his parents.
- Occupation: Stock Clerk, Chandeliers (code 7X36).
(3) Kittell, Hazel (Saniter), compiler, "The Elsie Saniter Family
Journal," (Kewaunee, WI: self-published manuscript, June 19, 1997), p.
- Lists his surname as Wetzel.
(4) Schlintz, Victoria L. J., "Family, A Genealogical Collection,"
(Oakland, CA: self-published manuscript, 1979), Schlintz chapter,
Willenbockel-Saniter-Weihert descendant chart, newspaper clippings
section ("Ida Willenbockel Dies Last Night At Advanced Age").
- Newspaper clipping lists his name as John Wurtzler.