Counties in Utah that I have Visited
There are 29 counties in Utah
The Beehive State
Utah, courtesy of: Mob Rule
I have visited 22 Counties = 75.9% of Counties in Utah
Quick facts about Utah
- Location: See map below.
- Size(1): 82,144 square miles. Utah is the 12th largest state. The next larger state is Idaho and the next smaller state is Kansas.
- Population(2): 2,469,585 people. Utah is the 34th most populous state. The next more populous state is Kansas and the next less populous state is Nevada.
- Population Density: 30.06 people per square mile. Utah is the 41st most densely populated state. The next more densely populated state is Kansas and the next less densely populated state is Nebraska.
- Bordering States: Utah shares a border with 6 states: Idaho; Nevada; Arizona; New Mexico; Colorado and Wyoming.
- Admission to the Union: January 4, 1896. Utah was the 45th state admitted to the Union, after Wyoming and before Oklahoma.
- Capital: Salt Lake City.
- Highest Point: 13,528 feet at Kings Peak. See SummitPost's Kings Peak page.
- Lowest Point: 2,000 feet at Beaverdam Wash in Washington County.
- Government website: Utah.gov - The Official Website of the State of Utah .
- Official Tourism website: Welcome to Utah.
- Still not enough? See Wikipedia's Utah page.
Interesting Utah county trivia
My candidate for the county with the most boundaries is Utah's San Juan County. Fourteen neighboring counties share a border with it, including several at just a single point. This also marks Utah's contribution to the 4-corners phenomenon. San Juan Co., UT's fourteen neighbors are:
- Kane County, UT (West)
- Garfield County, UT (West)
- Wayne County, UT (West)
- Emery County, UT (Northwest at a single point)
- Grand County, UT (North)
- Mesa County, CO (Northeast at a single point)
- Montrose County, CO (East)
- San Miguel County, CO (East)
- Dolores County, CO (East)
- Montezuma County, CO (East) - one of the 4-Corner Counties
- San Juan County, NM (Southeast at a single point) - one of the 4-Corner Counties
- Apache County, AZ (South) - One of the 4-Corner Counties
- Navajo County, AZ (South)
- Coconino County, AZ (Southwest)
Counties in UtahBelow are the 29 counties in Utah. Although infrequent, counties sometimes do change so please let me know if any of this information is out of date and I will update it. Those counties that I have visited are in Red. If I have a photograph or other item associated with a county somewhere else on my website, there will also be a link.
- Box Elder: ATK Rocket Park; Golden Spike National Historic Site
- Daggett: Smallest county population in Utah (921 people in 2000 Census).
- Davis: Smallest county in Utah (305 square miles); Antelope Island State Park
- Grand: Arches National Park.
- Rich: Rendezvous Beach at Bear Lake.
- Salt Lake: Largest county population in Utah (978,701 people in 2000 Census); Desert Edge Brewery; Epic Brewing Company; Great Salt Lake Meridian & Base; Red Rock Brewing Company, Squatters Pub Brewery.
- San Juan: Largest county in Utah (7,821 square miles); Utah-Colorado Border Anomaly; Most County Borders in the United States; Adjacent Counties, Same Name, Different States
- Summit: Wasatch Brew Pub & Brewery
- Tooele: Bonneville Salt Flats; (West) Wendover: What Time? What State?
- Utah: Timpanogos Cave National Monument
- Weber: Roosters Brewing Company.