Counties in Pennsylvania that I have Visited
There are 67 counties in Pennsylvania
The Keystone State
Pennsylvania, courtesy of: Mob Rule
I have visited 44 Counties = 65.7% of Counties in Pennsylvania
Quick facts about Pennsylvania
- Location: See map below.
- Size(1): 44,817 square miles. Pennsylvania is the 32nd largest state. The next larger state is Mississippi and the next smaller state is Louisiana.
- Population(2): 12,429,616 people. Pennsylvania is the 6th most populous state. The next more populous state is Illinois and the next less populous state is Ohio.
- Population Density: 277.34 people per square mile. Pennsylvania is the 10th most densely populated state. The next more densely populated state is Ohio and the next less densely populated state is California.
- Bordering States: Pennsylvania shares a border with 6 states: New York; Ohio; West Virginia; Maryland; Delaware and New Jersey.
- Admission to the Union: December 12, 1787. Pennsylvania was the 2nd state admitted to the Union, after Delaware and before New Jersey.
- Capital: Harrisburg.
- Highest Point: 3,213 feet at Mount Davis. See SummitPost's Mount Davis page.
- Lowest Point: Sea Level at the Delaware River.
- Government website: PA PowerPort.
- Official Tourism website: VisitPA.
- Still not enough? See Wikipedia's Pennsylvania page.
Counties in PennsylvaniaBelow are the 67 counties in Pennsylvania. Although infrequent, counties sometimes do change so please let me know if any of this information is out of date and I will update it. Those counties that I have visited are in Red. If I have a photograph or other item associated with a county somewhere else on my website, there will also be a link.
- Adams: Gettysbrew Pub & Brewery
- Allegheny: Braddock
- Dauphin: Appalachian Brewing Co.
- Erie: Erie Triangle; Presque Isle State Park
- Forest: Smallest county population in Pennsylvania (4,946 people in 2000 Census).
- Lancaster: Bube's Brewery; Lancaster Brewing Company
- Lycoming: Largest county in Pennsylvania (1,235 square miles); Williamsport
- Montour: Smallest county in Pennsylvania (131 square miles).
- Northumberland: Longest county name (14 characters) - tied with Northumberland County, Virginia.
- Philadelphia: Largest county population in Pennsylvania (1,517,550 people in 2000 Census).
- Snyder: Selin's Grove Brewing Co.
- York: Haines Shoe House