Counties in Oregon that I have Visited
There are 36 counties in Oregon
The Beaver State
Oregon, courtesy of: Mob Rule
I have visited 23 Counties = 63.9% of Counties in Oregon
Counties in OregonBelow are the 36 counties in Oregon. Although infrequent, counties sometimes do change so please let me know if any of this information is out of date and I will update it. Those counties that I have visited are in Red. If I have a photograph or other item associated with a county somewhere else on my website, there will also be a link.
- Coos: Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area; Bank Brewing Company
- Deschutes: The Bend Ale Trail (10 Barrel Brewing Co., Bend Brewing Co., Boneyard Beer, Brew Wërks Brewing, Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.), Big Obsidian Flow
- Douglas: Umpqua River Lighthouse, Reedsport
- Harney: Largest county in Oregon (10,134 square miles).
- Hood River: Full Sail Brewing Co. (Hood River)
- Klamath: Cleetwood Trail
- Lane: Eugene City Brewery; High Street Brewery CafÈ; Oregon Fields Brewing Co.; Steelhead Brewery & CafÈ; Wild Duck Brewery
- Lincoln: The "D" River (world's shortest?); Rogue Ale Public House, Yaquina Head Lighthouse
- Malheur: Time Zone Anomaly
- Multnomah: Smallest county in Oregon (435 square miles) and largest county population in Oregon (660,486 people in 2000 Census).; Multnomah Falls; McMenamins' Edgefield Brewery; Full Sail Brewing Co. (Portland); Lucky Labrador Brewing Company; Rock Bottom Brewery
- Tillamook: Cape Meares Lighthouse; Pelican Pub & Brewery
- Wheeler: Smallest county population in Oregon (1,547 people in 2000 Census).
Quick facts about Oregon
- Location: See map above.
- Size(1): 95,997 square miles. Oregon is the 10th largest state. The next larger state is Wyoming and the next smaller state is Utah.
- Population(2): 3,641,056 people. Oregon is the 27th most populous state. The next more populous state is Kentucky and the next less populous state is Oklahoma.
- Population Density: 37.93 people per square mile. Oregon is the 39th most densely populated state. The next more densely populated state is Maine and the next less densely populated state is Kansas.
- Bordering States: Oregon shares a border with 4 states: Washington; California; Nevada and Idaho.
- Admission to the Union: February 14, 1859. Oregon was the 33rd state admitted to the Union, after Minnesota and before Kansas.
- Capital: Salem.
- Highest Point: 1,1239 feet at Mount Hood. See SummitPost's Mount Hood page.
- Lowest Point: Sea Level at the Pacific Ocean.
- Government website: Oregon.gov Home Page.
- Official Tourism website: Travel Oregon.
- Still not enough? See Wikipedia's Oregon page.