Counties in Arkansas that I have Visited
There are 75 counties in Arkansas
The Natural State
Arkansas, courtesy of: Mob Rule
I have visited 10 Counties = 13.3% of Counties in Arkansas
Quick facts about Arkansas
- Location: See map below.
- Size(1): 52,068 square miles. Arkansas is the 27th largest state. The next larger state is Florida and the next smaller state is Alabama.
- Population(2): 2,779,154 people. Arkansas is the 32nd most populous state. The next more populous state is Mississippi and the next less populous state is Kansas.
- Population Density: 53.38 people per square mile. Arkansas is the 33rd most densely populated state. The next more densely populated state is Mississippi and the next less densely populated state is Iowa.
- Bordering States: Arkansas shares a border with 6 states: Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.
- Admission to the Union: June 15, 1836. Arkansas was the 25th state admitted to the Union, after Missouri and before Michigan.
- Capital: Little Rock.
- Highest Point: 2,753 feet at Signal Hill (part of Magazine Mountain). See SummitPost's Mount Magazine-Signal Hill page.
- Lowest Point: 55 feet along the Ouachita River in Ashley/Union Counties.
- Government website: Arkansas.gov: The Official Website for the State of Arkansas.
- Official Tourism website: Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism.
- Still not enough? See Wikipedia's Arkansas page.
Arkansas Post Museum in Gillett
|State Capitol in Little Rock
Mount Magazine-Signal Hill
Counties in ArkansasBelow are the 75 counties in Arkansas. Although infrequent, counties sometimes do change so please let me know if any of this information is out of date and I will update it. Those counties that I have visited are in Red. If I have a photograph or other item associated with a county somewhere else on my website, there will also be a link.
- Benton: Pea Ridge Military Park
- Calhoun: Smallest county population in Arkansas (5,744 people in 2000 Census).
- Garland: Mirlo Lane
- Hot Spring
- Lafayette: Smallest county in Arksansas (527 square miles).
- Little River
- Marion: Turkey
- Miller: Bordersplit; In Them Old Cotton Fields; Smokey and the Bandit Route
- Nevada: County with (Another) State's Name
- Perry: Nimrod Lake; Stair-Step Border
- Polk: Shaped Like it Sounds
- Pulaski: Largest county population in Arkansas (361,474 people in 2000 Census); Sweet Home.
- St. Francis
- Union: Largest county in Arkansas (1,039 square miles); Adjacent Counties, Same Name, Different States
- Van Buren
- Yell: Stair-Step Border; Nimrod Lake