(1) Application for probate of the last will and testament of Christian
Howder, Niagara Co., NY, May 28, 1832.
- Resident of Niagara County, NY.
- "Margaret, now the wife of John Dickison"
(2) 1850 United States Census for Michigan, Lapeer Co., The Town of
Almont: Page 665; July 27, 1850.
Margaret [Howder] Dickerson is head of household. She is 45 years old,
born in New York, and has an estate valued at $75. Her children in the
household are Phoebe, Franklin and Mary E. Dickerson.
(3) Sketches of Old Hillsdale, Historical and Genealogical, Volume IV.
Vivian Lyon Moore, for the Daughters of the American Revolution library,
1956., pages 85-90.
- "Sister of Adam Howder. See Volume II of these sketches"
"Margaret was living with her younger children in Lapeer County,
Michigan, in 1850 and 1854. She must not have died until at least in the
1880's, for she is remembered by living members of the family who were
probably born in the 1870's. No grave markers have been found for either
her or John, but they are believed to be buried in the old Ferguson
Cemetery in Lapeer County."