(1) 1850 United States Census for Illinois, Kendall Co., the Town of
Kendall: Page 2; September 25, 1850.
Silas Ballou (listed as "Billow") is head of household, married to Mary
[Smith] Ballou. He is 30 years old, a farmer, born in New Hampshire.
Children in the household are Emily, William and Charles.
(2) 1860 United States Census for Iowa, Cedar Co., Massillon Twp., Cedar
Post Office: Page 45; August 2, 1860.
S. W. Ballou is head of household, married to Mary J. [Smith] Ballou. He
is 40 years old, a farmer with real estate valued at $3,000 and personal
estate valued at $1,400, and was born in New Hampshire. Children in the
household are Emily, William, Charles, Erriengo, and Ellen.
(3) Mathews family records via electronic file. May 19, 2002. Cites the
- Betsy (Howder) Smith probate records.
(4) Jones Co., IA Gravestone Records, compiled by the Works Project
Administration (1930's) via Jones Co., IA
- Ballou, Silas W., d. 8/4/1861, age 41, Diamond Cemetery, Hale Township.