Charles Isaac HAYCRAFT
|Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Everett & Charlie.|
Jolly, Isaac, Glenn, Daisy (Sylvester) & Ken Haycraft.
- BIRTH: 31 August 1896, Madelia, Watonwan Co., Minnesota, USA
Mother: Daisy Joanne SYLVESTER
Family 1: Ruth MUSSEN
- MARRIAGE: 5 August 1920
_________________________ ____________________________| | |_________________________ _Isaac Grant HAYCRAFT ___| | | _________________________ | |____________________________| | |_________________________ | |--Charles Isaac HAYCRAFT | | _Caleb Barker SYLVESTER _ | _Charles Carroll SYLVESTER _| | | |_Joanna WHITNEY _________ |_Daisy Joanne SYLVESTER _| | _Stephen M. BURNS _______ |_Charlotte Clare BURNS _____| |_Marianne JORDAN ________
NotesUpdated June 19, 2011. Compiled by Howder (www.howderfamily.com) from the following source(s):
(1) 1900 United States Census for Minnesota, Wantonwan Co., Township of Madelia: Supervisor's District 2; Enumeration District 264; Sheet 14A; June 19, 1900.
Charles I. HAYCRAFT is the son of Isaac and Daisy HAYCRAFT. He was born August 1896 in Minnesota, and is 3 years old.
(2) CHARLES HAYCRAFT IS LISTED TWICE IN THE 1920 CENSUS.
- 1920 United States Census for the District of Columbia: Supervisory District 40; Enumeration District 314; Sheet 3A; January 5, 1920: Charles HAYCRAFT is a roomer in the Gable household, at 1834 North Capitol Street. He is 22 years old, born in Minnesota and is a clerk for the government.
- 1920 United States Census for Minnesota, Beltrami Co., Village of Solway: Supervisor's District 6; Enumeration District 50; Sheet 1A; January 21, 1920: Charles I. HAYCRAFT is the son of Isaac G. and Daisy J. HAYCRAFT. He is 22 years old, born in Minnesota and is an accountant for U.S. Shipping Dep't. W.
(3) The Washington Post, Washington, DC.
- October 31, 1924, page 10: "VITAL STATISTICS - BIRTHS REPORTED." A birth was reported for Charles I. and Ruth HAYCRAFT, a boy.
(4) 1930 United States Census for the District of Columbia, Washington City, Precinct 13, Tract 11 (part of), block 2989: Supervisor's District 1; Enumeration District 374; Sheet 14A; April 8, 1930.
Charles I. HAYCRAFT is head of household, married to Ruth [MUSSEN] HAYCRAFT. Children included in the household are Donald, Helen C., and Mary J. Haycraft. Ruth's widowed father, George MUSSEN, is also a member of the household.
- Address: 5723 9th. St.
- Home ownership: yes; valued at $9,500.
- Radio ownership: yes.
- Age: 33 years old at time of census; 23 when first married.
- Birthplace: Minnesota, as were his parents.
- Occupation: Head of bureau, stocks and bonds (code 9983).
(5) U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 via Ancestry.com
- Name: Charles Isaac HAYCRAFT
- Residence: 4719 16th Street N., Arlington, Virginia
- Mailing Address: Same
- Telephone: GL 1643
- Age and DOB: 45 years; August 31, 1896
- Place of Birth: Madelia, Minnesota
- Contact: Mr. George MUSSON, 4719 16th Street N., Arlington, Virginia
- Employer: War Dept OQMG, 2nd Q Street S.W., Washington DC
(6) Family History, Volume S(4), Sylvester, Daughters of the American Revolution library, Washington, DC., p. 6.
- World War I veteran.
(7) Information provided by the Haycraft family, April 1999.
Mayflower lineage: Howland/Tilley -1; Hope Howland -2; Hope Chipman -3; Samuel Cobb -4; Chipman Cobb -5; Andrew Cobb -6 (DAR/SAR ancestor); Hannah Cobb -7; Joanna Whitney -8; Charles Sylvester -9; Daisy Sylvester -10; Charles Haycraft -11.