The loyal readers of the Twelve Mile Circle certainly came through with a number of great suggestions for the most Iconic View. I have multiple favorites and I imagine you probably do too. There’s no objective way that I believe I can select a single winner. With that in mind, I’ve decided to let all of you determine who should be honored through the results of the first ever 12 MC poll.
I’ve finally decided on a prize for the winner, too. I will post an image of the most iconic view on the header of this blog for the rest of June along with the winning user’s identifier (the name used on the submission).
The rules for voting are rather simple:
- I don’t know how or if the poll will imbed properly in RSS news reader software. You may need to come over to the actual page on my website if you access the feed remotely and don’t see a poll displayed below.
- The entries correspond to comments placed on the Iconic View article in the order in which they were submitted. You’ll probably want to open the images in another tab or window for easier reference (here is the link).
- You can vote for as many entries as you like; one, several or even all. I’m not sure what voting for all of them would accomplish but you’re welcome to do that if you’re so inclined. Just click the box(es) next to the one(s) you prefer.
- I think the software might register IP addresses to prevent people from coming back to the page over-and-over and voting repeatedly. It’s not that wonderful a prize to warrant stuffing ballot box. I’m not too worried about it.
- The polls will remain open until Tuesday, June 7 at 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time.
Which is the Most Iconic View (poll closed)
- Edinburgh, Scotland – Edinburgh Old Town & Castle (42%, 13 Votes)
- Portland, Oregon, USA – St. Johns Bridge (29%, 9 Votes)
- Wamego, Kansas, USA – Dutch Mill (23%, 7 Votes)
- Shelter Bay, British Columbia, Canada – Upper Arrow Lake Ferry (16%, 5 Votes)
- Dettwiller, France – Alsatian Architecture (13%, 4 Votes)
- Eureka, California, USA – Carson Mansion (13%, 4 Votes)
- Walla Walla, Washington, USA – Onion Statuette (10%, 3 Votes)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Harbour (6%, 2 Votes)
- Edmond, Washington, USA – Ferry Dock (6%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 31
Who will be judged to have the most iconic view? Only the worldly and wise 12MC audience can say for sure.